Blood, the most precious part of human beings. It is formulated of three major cells Red Blood Cells, White Blood Cells and Platelets. Every one among these three has their own importance in saving the life.
Birth and Death are natural phenomenon happening on the Mother Earth. Some incidents in human life may or may not happen intentionally. Nevertheless, there are always possibilities and chances to make the lost, live with our efforts. Many incidents in day to day life are seen where in the importance and need of blood is noticed. The explicitness of character, humanity, is still and existing in every one.
Donating blood is one of the most esteemed and admired activities of human life. Perhaps it is one social responsibilities that we all own to possess and there is no harm in donating safe blood, it also improves health. Sincere gratitude and appreciations to all the organizations voluntarily involved in such activities. In the same direction this forum brings light on yet another association the one unique of its kind.
Mindfulness on blood donation
Awareness on blood donation is the need of the day. Especially regions like India, the rural and secondary town populations required to be educated on the same. The World Health Organization (WHO) has started campaigns on blood donation awareness and is following World Blood Donor’s Day every year.
Reasons for lack of blood in the human body
The necessity for the transfusion of blood is obvious. It is especially required for the following.
- Women with impediments of prenatal period.
- Malnutrition kids suffering with anemia.
- People with break bone fevers, cancers and trauma cases.
Key aspects of donating blood
- The age group for blood donors is between 18 to 60 years both men and women.
- After a quick diagnosis on temperature, blood pressure, pulse and hemoglobin, the blood donation process starts for a healthy donor.
- The time it takes for blood donation is around 10-15 minutes.
- A quantity of 350 ml of blood can be collected per person at a time. Some can also donate 400ml, provided their weight is more than 60Kg.
- Within a span of eight hours of time the blood gets partitioned in the laboratory after testing and stored in a special area at controlled temperatures.
Health benefits of blood donation
- Promotes good health.
- Aids in weight loss of donors.
- Lowers risk of hemochromatosis.
- Helps in lowering the risk of cancer.
- Boosts production of new blood cells.
- Helps prevent heart and liver ailments caused by iron overload.